WSIA Mission and Goals
It is the mission of WSIA radio to use its facilities in the training of students in broadcasting,
as well as promoting education and entertainment to the College of Staten Island, to the borough of
Staten Island, and to listeners worldwide. Through membership, students will gain confidence, a greater
sense of self, career direction, and experience personal growth. In order to meet this mission, the goals
of WSIA are as follows.
1. To provide unique and diverse programming to our listeners; to provide a platform for local and for underrepresented artists to present original work.
2. To work collaboratively with the College community to promote the College of Staten Island and its programs.
3. To inform our listeners of, and to encourage participation in, community events including concerts, parades, and charitable functions.
1. To provide students with a safe and fun working environment; to offer students constructive activity outside of class time.
2. To train the next generation of communications industry professionals by providing professional experience in a broadcast environment
3. To develop leadership skills including decision-making, conflict resolution, budgeting, event planning.
In August 2011, WSIA celebrated 30 years of broadcasting on 88.9 FM. WSIA also broadcasts online at www.wsia.fm, making our programming available anywhere in the world!