These are the WSIA Contest Rules as of August 31, 2005.
For an official copy, please visit the WSIA studios during normal business hours,
or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Contest Rules - WSIA
The College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Boulevard Rm 1C-106
Staten Island, NY 10314
WSIA GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes are open only to legal residents of the States of New York & New Jersey who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, unless otherwise specified. Employees, directors, officers and volunteers of WSIA, The College of Staten Island Association, Inc., The College of Staten Island (except student employees of the College), contest prize suppliers, and sponsors, and members of the immediate family or same household of any of them, are not eligible to participate or win.
2. Only one individual per family or household is eligible to qualify or win a contest, once every 30 days. Only calls to the designated telephone number, or submissions to the designated fax number, e-mail address or postal address, will be eligible to win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
3. By entering a contest, each contestant accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with any rule may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner.
4. WSIA, The College of Staten Island Association, Inc., The College of Staten Island, The City University of New York (CUNY), and their agents and representatives are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, illegible or inaccurate entries; any telephone, computer, cable, network, satellite, electronic, hardware, software, program or other technical malfunction, disconnection, busy line or other circumstance, or other errors, failures or delays in telephone, computer, or postal service transmissions or deliveries, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise. WSIA reserves the right to void any and all entries of a contestant whom it believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of a contest.
5. By entering a contest, each contestant acknowledges and agrees: (a) that WSIA has the right to record and use his or her name, voice, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with WSIA, including recordings of phone calls, as news or information and for publicity purposes, at any time, without additional compensation, permission or notification, and (b) to hold WSIA, The College of Staten Island Association, Inc., The College of Staten Island, CUNY, and their respective trustees, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents and sponsors, harmless from any liability, loss, injury or damage to themselves or any person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in a contest.
6. All contest entries become property of WSIA. WSIA may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the station's management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to the publicity or promotion.
7. Contestants must give their name, address, telephone number and approximate age to the WSIA representative conducting any on-air contest. If the representative determines that an apparent winner is not eligible to win, the representative may, in his or her sole discretion, pick an alternate winner. The decision of the representative is final. In all contests, final determination of all winners will be determined solely by WSIA.
8. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by WSIA due to prize unavailability, and then for a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes and any other expenses are winners' sole responsibility.
9. WSIA, The College of Staten Island Association, Inc., The College of Staten Island, CUNY and their agents and representatives assume no liability for defective prizes.
10. To claim a prize, the winner must come to the WSIA studios, located at 2800 Victory Boulevard, Room 1C-106, Staten Island, NY, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, within 30 calendar days from the time of winning. The winner must present the designated station representative with a form of government or college-issued identification, and must complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release. In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, or fails to comply with these rules, he or she automatically forfeits all claims to the prize. WSIA has the right, but not the obligation, to award forfeited prizes to a contest runner-up.
11. WSIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) for any reason.
12. Although WSIA will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, WSIA management reserves the right to change or modify the rules of its contests as circumstances may require. In such cases, WSIA will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. Amended rules will become effective upon broadcast by WSIA.
13. All WSIA contests are governed by the laws of the State of New York and of the United States of America.
14. A copy of these rules are available at the WSIA studios between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, or you may send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Contest Rules, WSIA, 2800 Victory Boulevard, Room 1C-106, Staten Island, NY 10314. A list of past contest winners may be obtained at the WSIA studios between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, or you may send a self-addressed stamped envelope and the name of the contest to Contest Winners, WSIA, 2800 Victory Boulevard, Room 1C-106, Staten Island, NY 10314.
Revised August 31, 2005
Copyright © 2010, WSIA Staten Island 88.9 FM
Most recent revision January 14, 2010.